Intelligent data on your desktop, tablet or smartphone 24/7
Overnights.tv is the leading online ratings analysis tool
What is it?
Overnights.tv is a unique in-depth on-line research and reporting tool that gives you the very best insight into British television viewing figures, going back as far as January 2006. Used by development, production, sales, legal and commercial teams, the online system is completely user-driven, allowing you access to an immense amount of information. Reports are downloadable into an Excel spreadsheet, with graphs and data easily transferred to create bespoke documents.
- LIVE and Consolidated Data: Get the true total audience by using consolidated data, which includes playback on recorders and VOD from the likes of the iPlayer, viewed via the TV within 7 days of transmission;
- Reach Data: See the number or percentage of viewers who have seen a particular show or series. The standard reach definition is three consecutive minutes (this is the amount of time someone has to watch the item before they count as a 'viewer'), although one, three and five minute reach criteria can also be viewed in Overnights.tv. Reach is cumulative - if someone watches the first episode of a series they will be added to the series reach, but they will not be counted again when they watch the second episode.
- Programme Profiles: detailed information on programme performance against competition and benchmarks for key demographic groups;
- Series Profiles: including benchmarked performance for each episode, average performance among key demographics, series performance against the competition on other channels;
- Channel Report: giving a snapshot of a channel’s performance. Select a channel, day and timeslot, and you will be able to see the previous 52 weeks’ viewing figures, and compare its performance with competitors. You will also be able to review its mix of genres and see how successful these have been;
- Top Ratings: identify top performing titles by using a selection of criteria including channel, genre, time slot and demographic;
- 1-minute and 5-minute data;
- Ads displayed;
- Day-part reports;
- Transmissions Reports: using ‘gold standard’ BARB data;
- Schedules: powered by DigiGuide;
- mobile.overnights.tv: easy to use mobile version of the site.
Who will benefit?
- Commercial Rights/Finance – check that properties are being transmitted in line with agreements and achieving targets;
- Press/PR/Marketing – essential data to report on or to promote a property;
- Development – identify trends in viewing behaviour;
- Sales – create compelling sales documents that increase negotiating power and maximise revenues.
If you wish to find out more please contact us at email@example.com.
Being able to have access to vital data first thing the following day has been extremely beneficial in determining how well our first major production has been received in the UK. It’s been really valuable to compare our audience figures to competing programmes in the same time slot, giving us essential feedback for our investors and commercial partners as well as key analysis as we progress to a second series. The Overnights team always provide above and beyond support to us and are always a pleasure to deal with.
Russ Lindsay, CEO & the Team at Infinity
The online software from Overnights.tv is a fast, comprehensive and easy-to-use ratings analysis system. We use it regularly to compare the performance of our series against other productions and to run reports for sales and marketing of our productions.
Daniel Isaacs, Joint MD, Kudos.
The Overnights.tv services have helped right across the board; development, research, commissioning pitches, internal reports and press releases. A major benefit of using the Overnights.tv online system is being able to run any number of reports that are tailored to the specific needs of a programme by focusing on relevant criteria, be it demographics or programme comparisons. The Kids division within RDF Rights has been able to boost the confidence of existing licensees and encourage new licensees to come on board for properties such as Waybuloo, which continues to go from strength to strength.
Rachel Davidson, Publicity Manager, RDF.
Overnights.tv is an invaluable service for DRG. Not only does it allow us to keep across up-to-the-minute ratings for all of our programming, it also provides us with the capability to research historical broadcasts. Both the slot and the genre comparison reports are extremely useful when analyzing how our shows have performed, as well as giving an overview of popular trends in programming.
Laura Stanley, Marketing Manager, DRG.
Overnights.tv continue to provide a fast, reliable and easy to read daily overnight report for us. Ad hoc research has always been produced quickly, clearly and competitively priced. I have found Attentional’s employees always to be friendly and helpful, no job is too small, and they are always a pleasure to deal with.
Sue West, Audience Research Manager, Endemol
Overnights.tv delivers above & beyond the raw data. The information is easily digestible and useful but the team behind the data bring it to life. If I get in touch to ask for advice, they are always available, respond quickly and go beyond even what I have asked for. Their customer service is impeccable which is why we have used them for 8 years now.
Tracey Lloyd, General Manager, Whizz Kid Entertainment